This privacy statement discloses the privacy practices of City Date, LLC d/b/a DinnerDate (“DinnerDate”), its subsidiaries and corporate affiliates with respect to the website located at .
What Information We Collect
The types of information that we collect fall under two general categories: Personally identifiable information (PII) and non-personally identifiable information (non-PII). PII consists of any information which can be used to specifically identify you as an individual, whereas non-PII consists of aggregate information or any information that does not reveal your identity. The following sections describe how your PII and non-PII are collected by us, and how we use such information.
How We Collect and Use Information
• Log Files. Any time you visit our website, our servers automatically gather information from your browser (such as your IP address, browser type, Internet service provider (ISP), referring/exit pages, platform type, date/time stamp, and number of clicks) to analyze trends, administer the site, prevent fraud, track visitor movement in the aggregate, and gather broad demographic information. For example, we may log your IP address for system administration purposes. IP addresses are logged to track a user’s session. This gives us an idea of which parts of our site users are visiting. We do not share the log files externally.
• Web Beacons. “Web beacons” (also known as “clear gifs” and “pixel tags”) are small transparent graphic images that are often used in conjunction with cookies in order to further personalize our website for our users and to collect a limited set of information about our visitors. We may also use web beacons in email communications in order to understand the behavior of our customers. We do not link the Web beacons to any PII.
• Information About You. When you register for our services or events, we collect a variety of information about you. For example, you provide us with non-PII about yourself (such as first name, gender, interests, etc.) to build your DinnerDate profile. We may also display your most recent log-in date and other profile/account information to your matches. If you choose to have a public profile, we may display your information to other DinnerDate members and visitors. You may choose to provide us with your photo(s), image(s) or video(s) or other content, and by providing us such content, you agree that we may make them available to other users of DinnerDate services. See our Terms of Service for more information governing use of all content provided by you. Except as otherwise stated in this privacy statement and our Terms of Service, we do not disclose your PII to other users of our services.
• Purchase Information. To process purchases, we may require your name, address, phone number, email address and credit card information. Such information is used primarily to process your order or as otherwise described herein. Credit card transactions are processed through industry standard Secure Socket Layer (SSL) and/or strong encryption (3DES) by a third party, which only uses your information for that purpose .
• Email and Telephone Calls. We require an email address from you when you register for our services. We use your email for both transactional (e.g., order confirmation) and promotional (e.g., newsletters, new product offerings, special discounts, event notifications, special third-party offers) purposes. Email messages we send you may contain code that enables our database to track your usage of the emails, including whether the email was opened and what links (if any) were clicked. If you would rather not receive promotional emails from us, please see the section below labeled “Choice/Opt-Out”. We reserve the right to send you certain communications relating to the DinnerDate service, such as service announcements and administrative messages, without offering you the opportunity to opt out of receiving them. We may also contact you by telephone or text message (including to any wireless number you may provide to us) solely in connection with DinnerDate services. If you would rather not receive telephone calls or text messages from us, you may delete your number from your account profile, or ask to be removed from our contact list if you receive a call or text message from us. We fully comply with the requirements of the CAN-SPAM Act.
• Demographic Data. Demographic data is also collected at our site. We use this data to tailor our visitors’ experience at our site, showing them content that we think they might be interested in, and displaying the content according to their preferences. Some of this information may be shared with advertisers on a non-personally identifiable basis.
• Online Survey Data. We may periodically conduct voluntary member surveys. We encourage our members to participate in such surveys because they provide us with important information regarding the improvement of our services. You may also volunteer for certain surveys that we may offer to our users, and any additional rules regarding the conduct of such surveys will be disclosed to you prior to your participation. We do not link the survey responses to any PII, and all responses are anonymous.
• Information Regarding Your Friends. We encourage you to refer friends to our service and join you at DinnerDate events by sending us a friend’s name and email address. We will keep this information in our database, and send that person a one-time email containing your name and inviting them to visit our site. This email will also include instructions on how to remove their information from our database. You agree that you will not abuse this feature by entering names and addresses of those who would not be interested in DinnerDate services and events. For some of our services, you may also give event tickets or other gift items to your friends, in which case we will use your friend’s email address that you provide in order to deliver the gift.
• Public Forums. We may choose to make event pages, discussion boards or other areas of our website available to other members and visitors. Any information that is disclosed in these areas becomes public information and you should exercise caution when deciding to disclose any PII. Please consult the Conduct Guidelines for other specific information.
• Use for Research. In addition to the uses outlined above, by using our site, you agree to allow us to anonymously use the information from you and your experiences for research and development purposes and to improve the DinnerDate customer experience.
Disclosure of Your Information to Third Parties
• Disclosure By Law. You acknowledge and agree that we may disclose information you provide if required to do so by law, at the request of a third party, or if we, in our sole discretion, believe that disclosure is reasonable to (1) comply with the law, requests or orders from law enforcement, or any legal process (whether or not such disclosure is required by applicable law); (2) protect or defend DinnerDate’s, or a third party’s, rights or property; or (3) protect someone’s health or safety, such as when harm or violence against any person (including you) is threatened.
• Disclosure to Trusted Third Parties By Us. We may share your non-PII with third parties, but not in a manner that would reveal your identity. We may share your PII, sometimes in conjunction with your non-PII, with service providers to perform functions on our behalf, including sister companies or other corporate affiliates of DinnerDate. For example, outsourced customer care agents or technology assistants may need access to your information to perform services for you. Your information will be treated as private and confidential by such service providers and not used for any other purpose than we authorize. In addition, from time to time, we may share PII (such as email or mailing address) about our user base with carefully selected third parties, so they can offer goods and services that we believe may be of interest to our users. If you do not wish to receive offers from our trusted partners, you can change your email preferences at any time by following the steps outlined in the “Choice/Opt-Out” section below.
• Information Transferred As a Result of Sale of Business. As we develop our business, we may buy or sell assets and, depending on the transaction, your PII may be one of the transferred assets. In the event that we are acquired by another company, your PII may be part of the assets transferred to the acquiring party. If this occurs, you will be notified if there are any material changes to the way your PII is collected or used.
We may use third-party advertising agencies or other service providers to serve ads on our website on behalf of DinnerDate or third-party advertisers (e.g., retailers of goods or services). These companies may employ cookies and Web beacons to measure advertising effectiveness. Any information that these third parties collect via cookies and Web beacons is completely anonymous. Some of these third-party advertising agencies may be members of the Network Advertising Initiative, which offers you the option to opt out of ad targeting from its member agencies by following the procedures listed here.
We will only share your information with third parties in the ways defined in this privacy statement.
Our services are intended for adults over the age of 18. We do not target our website or services to children under the age of 13, and in compliance with the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act, any information we may receive from users we believe to be under the age of 13 will be purged from our database.
We have extensive security measures in place to protect the loss, misuse and alteration of the information stored in our database. These measures include the use of Secure Socket Layer (SSL) and/or strong encryption (3DES) technology during credit card transactions and administrative access to site data , as well as other proprietary security measures which are applied to all repositories and transfers of user information. We will exercise reasonable care in providing secure transmission of information between your computer and our servers, but given that no information transmitted over the Internet can be guaranteed 100% secure, we cannot ensure or warrant the security of any information transmitted to us over the Internet and hence accept no liability for any unintentional disclosure.
Links to or Access from Other Sites
If you are a member of a social network service (such as Facebook, YouTube, Twitter, etc.) or you use other Internet sites where you have authorized them to gather information about your online behavior on DinnerDate (for instance, to notify your friends that you have registered for an event), including participation in any behavioral reporting program that they may operate on or off of their own site, we may share information regarding your activities on our website with those third parties pursuant to your authorization, and they may associate that information with PII they already have about you (such as your Facebook profile) and use it to improve their site or services or for other purposes. DinnerDate does not control the privacy policies of such third parties, and their privacy policies will govern their use of your information once it has been transmitted by us. DinnerDate assumes no responsibility or liability for the actions of such third parties with respect to their use of your information or otherwise. Accordingly, make sure you are aware of and comfortable with the privacy policies of any third parties that you authorize to gather information from DinnerDate.
You may use the following options for removing your information from our email database if you wish to opt out of receiving promotional emails and newsletters.
1. Click on the “unsubscribe” link on the bottom of the email;
2. Send mail to the following postal address letting us know which promotional emails you wish to opt-out of:
City Date, LLC d/b/a DinnerDate
4700 Millenia Blvd., Suite #400
Orlando, FL 32839
3. For any services that allow you to control which emails you receive, go to the email settings page from your account home page, and un-check the undesired promotions.
Updating Your Information
DinnerDate provides users the following options for changing and modifying information previously submitted.
1. You may change your credit card (if applicable), email address, password and other information from the “Edit Profile” page on our website;
2. Send us an email [mailto link or submission form] and our customer service agents will be happy to assist you; or
3. You can send mail to the postal address listed above, providing us with your account information and letting us know which information you wish to update.
Contacting the Website
If you have any questions about this privacy statement, the practices of this site, or your dealings with DinnerDate, you can contact:
City Date, LLC d/b/a DinnerDate
4700 Millenia Blvd., Suite #400
Orlando, FL 32839
Acceptance of Privacy Statement
Your continued use of any portion of our website following posting of the updated privacy statement will constitute your acceptance of the changes.
This privacy statement was last revised on October 17, 2012.